My Shopping List
Great Smoky Grilled Alaska Crab
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2-3 lb. Alaska King crab legs, frozen
+ 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2-3 tsp. Cafe Solé Seafood Grill Spice or seafood spice blend
+ 1 Reynolds® Hot Bags® Foil Bag, large size, or 2 sheets (15-in.) heavy duty aluminum foil
What to do:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (450°F).
2. Rinse Alaska King Crab legs under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels.
3. For each pound of crab, use 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. of seafood spice. Blend olive oil and seasoning. Place foil bag in a 1-in. deep baking pan. Place crab legs in bag. Pour or brush oil blend onto legs; thoroughly crimp open end to seal bag.
4. If using foil sheets, place crab legs on foil sheet and pour or brush oil blend onto legs. Lay second foil sheet over crab and thoroughly crimp edges to seal foil, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
5. To cook, slide bag onto grill and cook for 8 to 10 min., until the internal temperature of the crab reaches 145°F (use an instant-read thermometer and test crab in the shoulder section).
VARIATION: Soak wood chips (alder, cedar, apple, etc.) in water for 30 min.; drain. Add chips to coals. Grill rinsed and dried crab legs on baking sheet until crab is thoroughly heated through to 145°F.
Pinot Grigio, White Table Wine, Chardonnay